Click on the services listed below to read more about the additional services we offer.
Indoor Air Quality
Is the air that you and your family breathe as clean as it can be? If you or your family suffers from allergy symptoms, like sneezing, coughing, and itchy eyes, it could be the air quality in your home. Here are some interesting facts about indoor air quality:
- The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that indoor air can be as much as seven times dirtier than outdoor air.
- Mold and bacteria naturally occur in dark, damp areas. If not properly maintained, your air conditioning system can be a breeding ground for mold and bacteria to grow and spread throughout your home.
- Do you have fiberglass ductwork in your home? Did you know that the Institute for Cancer Research has determined that fiberglass is a possible carcinogen? If you have fiberglass ductwork and this concerns you, it may be time to change it to sheet metal.
Our home comfort specialists will evaluate your air system and recommend the right remedy to keep the air in your home clean and healthy. We carry the following products to clean your indoor air:
- Ultra-violet air purifiers
- Electronic & HEPA air cleaners
- Media and electrostatic filters
- Ventilation and energy recovery systems
- Humidifiers and much more
Do you want to improve your indoor air quality? Then, consider having your ductwork replaced with sheet metal ducts. Here are four reasons why you should replace your current ductwork with sheet metal ducts from our service technicians at F.F. Kling:
- Increase efficiency – Your sheet metal ducts are custom-designed to minimize airflow restriction and to reduce stress on your blower motor.
- Noise Reduction – Your sheet metal ductwork will be sized to fit your home. We guarantee that your new ductwork will reduce excessive noise to keep your space comfortable and quiet.
- Increase the value of your home - Galvanized steel ductwork is durable and will last longer than other commonly used materials.
- Insulated ductwork - We insulate the inside or outside of your ductwork. Insulated ductwork minimizes heating and cooling loss through ductwork walls.
At Kling, we have the ability to install or replace the ductwork in your home or office. And we’ll make sure that you won’t have any oddball sizes or fittings with your new ductwork system.
We have experienced fabricators, installers and designers, who design and fabricate galvanized sheet metal ductwork in our fabrication shop. Our custom-designed and fabricated ductwork ensures that your comfort system is "made to order" for your home or office. In addition to various thicknesses of galvanized steel, we carry the following metals for household projects:
- Stainless steel.
Our sheet metal can also be used for:
- Storage boxes
- Flower box liners
- Drip pans
- Weatherproof covers
- As well as many other ways to use sheet metal in your home.
Call us today at 717-843-HEAT to ask about our sheet metal sales and service.
How clean is your water? In York County, most people have hard water—whether that comes from wells or through the boroughs’ water systems. Besides hard water, your York County water supply may also have other contaminants. Here are some signs that your water is hard or may have other contaminants in it:
- Cloudy water
- Soap scum on your faucets, sinks, and bath tub
- Scale on your water appliances
- Acidic or metallic tasting water.
At F.F. Kling, we carry water treatment equipment that neutralizes acidic water and removes unwanted minerals from your supply. Additionally, we sell special filters to remove rust and sediment from your drinking water. You’ll be healthier and save money by treating your water for contaminants and mineral deposits. We offer the following water treatment services:
- Water treatments systems
- Water tests to analyze your water
- Ultraviolet lights for purification
Call us at 717-843-HEAT for a free water test.
Furnace or Boiler Maintenance
Did you know that it’s important to keep your furnace or boiler healthy? Regular maintenance done by certified technicians is the best method to keep your furnace or boiler working at top performance. Here are some facts for you to consider about the state of your furnace and boiler:
- A study conducted by the Louisiana State University has concluded that an improperly maintained central air conditioner or heat pump can waste as much as 32% of the energy it consumes.
- The Environmental Protection Agency has recently announced that as many as two-thirds of all home air conditioner coils are not properly cleaned.
- A properly maintained furnace will:
- Save you money
- Ensure your family's safety
- Increase efficiency
- Lengthen the life of your system.
At F.F. Kling and Sons, we suggest the complete home maintenance plan to keep your furnace or boiler working at its best. This plan includes:
- Air conditioning, heating, and plumbing inspections on your systems
- Our technicians will service your air conditioning system in the spring; and they will come back to your home in the fall to inspect your heating and plumbing systems
- Generally our maintenance fees are lower for all three services compared to what our competitors charge for only heating and air-conditioning services
- A permanent service record is attached to your equipment
- Priority service during peak service periods
- A 20% discount off of our standard rates on any plumbing, heating, air conditioning, or duct cleaning services.